Working Dinner of the Pak-Japan PFG by the Ambassador of Japan to Pakistan
H.E Mr. Mitsuhiro Wada Ambassador of Japan to Pakistan invited Pakistan-Japan Parliamentary Friendship Group on a working dinner on Thursday, May 25, at 2000 Hours at his residence in Islamabad. The following Members from Pakistan-Japan Parliamentary Friendship Group attended the event:-
1. Ms. Shaza Fatima Khawaja, MNA/Special Assistant to the Prime Minister Youth Affairs (with the status of Minister of State) and Convener Pakistan-Japan Parliamentary Friendship Group
2. Ms. Shaista Pervaiz Malik, MNA/ Special Assistant to Prime Minister
3. Ms. Romina Khurshid Alam, Member National Assembly/ Special Assistant to Prime Minister
4. Mr. Mohsin Dawar, MNA / Chairman Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs
5. Ms. Zeb Jaffar, MNA / Parliamentary Secretary for Federal Education, Professional Training Division
6. Ms. Mehnaz Akber Aziz, MNA / Parliamentary Secretary for Law and Justice
7. Ms. Shahida Akhtar Ali, MNA / Parliamentary Secretary for Communication
8. Engr. Sabir Hussain Kaim Khani, MNA / Parliamentary Secretary for Maritime Affairs
9. Mr. Naveed Aamir Jeeva, MNA / Parliamentary Secretary for Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety Division
Ms. Shaza Fatima Khawaja, SAPM/ Convener Pakistan-Japan Parliamentary Friendship Group said that Pakistan highly valued its relations with Japan and such meetings could play a pivotal role in promoting people to people contacts and parliamentary relations through parliamentary exchanges. She hoped that existing bilateral and trade relations between two countries will be further strengthened through mutual cooperation and understanding.
Ms. Shaista Pervaiz, MNA/SAPM highlighted the significance of investing in women’s empowerment that could unlock human capabilities on a transformational scale. She also underscored the significance to promote gender equality and the elimination of gender-specific disadvantages and discrimination.
Mr. Mohsin Dawar, MNA, while emphasizing the importance of people-to-people exchange stated that exchange of people especially the youth is probably the most productive and fruitful way to further deepen the relations between the countries.
While discussing about the cooperation between the two sides Ms. Zeb Jaffar stressed on cooperation in education and health sectors as well as skill enhancement of the youth. She also acknowledged the role of economic assistance provided by Japan in social sector projects.
Ms. Mehnaz Akber Aziz, MNA especially mentioned the Japnese Park, which was a token of friendship gifted to Islamabad’s residents about three decades ago. She hoped that the renovation of the park would serve its purpose well.
Ms. Shahida Akhtar Ali, MNA highlighted to enhance bilateral ties in multiple fields with special emphasis on Parliamentary exchanges.
Engr. Sabir Hussain Kaim Khani, MNA appreciated the Japanese Government for providing continued economic and technical assistance to Pakistan.
Mr. Naveed Aamir Jeeva, MNA underscored that Pakistan attached immense importance to its relations with Japan and desired to further diversify those ties through active engagement in all sectors.
Ambassador of Japan to Pakistan agreed to focus on strengthening bilateral institutional collaboration; enhance frequency of exchange of delegations further increasing high level contacts and exploring new avenues of cooperation.
Leave a Reply